Friday, May 18, 2007

Is the Benign Cancer such is GOOGLE Search, Turning Malignant?




From IgniteBLOG: The Perfect Storm: Where Marketing, Technology, and Healthcare Converge - "Google is undertaking the most radical change to its search results ever, introducing a "Universal Search" system that will blend listings from its news, video, images, local and book search engines among those it gathers from crawling web pages.

This posting sends shivers down my back, and my fur is standing along my spine. This is REALLY scary stuff. Think about it! They will search everything. That is, all the web, all books, TV, radio, images, video, AND last but not least, ALL TERABYTE drives AND your PC's hard drive.
This way, when little David goes looking up James Blunt songs on Myspace, and he uses GOOGLE search without quotes, he could easily click on the HARD DRIVE search, and come up with Mommy's case notes, where a patient had a psychotic delusion involving Mr. Blunt.

I am guessing that GOOGLE might respond - "That is not OUR responsibility, its the fault of the Mommy. She should of set the 45 permissions up correctly to protect the privacy of her files when she installed GOOGLE DESKTOP." What is so laughingly absurd about this argument, is that as a Kitty that has to fix many computers belonging to MD Mamas, there is NO WAY in hell, that most of them can NOT even understand what is being asked by the check boxes. It is TOO easy to forget to check a box, and inadvertently violate HIPAA regulations.

What are the HIPPA regulations for GOOGLE DESKTOP and SEARCH ENGINES? I would appreciate being directed to URLs that discuss this issue. I am still scared...

IBM is to HOLOCAUST as GOOGLE is to _____________

Fill in the blank correctly (in my biased opinion) and you get a prize :) It doesn't count if I already told you the answer :)

I think Adam Bosworth knows that I am talking about. I think that he can clearly see a future where his POSITIVE intentions COULD possibly used for not so positive actions against private citizens. Just the fact that GOOGLE advertising searches for KEYWORDS in your private citizen Emails, would, in my small Kitty brain, seem to be very disturbing. However, no one even seems to notice. I challenge you all, to look at the sidebar when reading email. Notice the connection of the ads to your PERSONAL PRIVATE citizen words. Is this OK with all of you?

Tuna for Thought... Love and Almost Live Sushi..

No comments: