Wednesday, December 27, 2006

James Brown – The Slippery Scale of Good vs. Bad

This is a shout out to James Brown, who died today of pneumonia and heart failure at the age of 73. His death today left me with mixed emotions. On one hand, I have listened to his music my whole life. I consider his legacy to be his musical genius, which is a major contributor to genres of music today. His funky music always makes me want to move my body. At the Experience Music Project, there was a Funk motion simulator ride that was based on James Brown. I am very thankful that we experienced the ride several times before they buried it. On the other hand, he is convicted woman abuser, who had a very difficult time recovering from substance abuse. He was not kind to his wives or family. No one is all good or all bad. For the New Year, I hope I can try to concentrate on the goodness in people.

No comments: